Billions of pounds of taxpayers' money is being lost because of the failure of HM Revenue and Customs to clamp down effectively on fraud and error, MPs have warned Read more
One in seven people planning to retire this year has no private pension to fall back on and many will be forced to get by in poverty Read more
Stock markets soar again to record highs. Meanwhile Scottish & Southern Energy, fined for mis-selling to UK consumers, reveals new bumper profits. Read more
Carnival, the world's largest cruise company, issued its second warning of sinking profits in less than three months Read more
Home emergency business Homeserve has set aside £6 million as it braces itself for a possible fine from City regulators for a mis-selling scandal Read more
Business Secretary Vince Cable has insisted there is "no alternative" to controversial plans privatising the Royal Mail Read more
- 'Failures' in tax fraud crackdown
- Many retiring 'below poverty line'
- Updates from Britvic and Scottish & Southern
- Cruise company in profits warning
- Homeserve sets aside £6m for fine
- 'No alternative' to Royal Mail plan
- Grayling defends legal aid reforms
- Inflation drop bigger than expected
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
To understand the features and risks of an Equity Release plan please ask for a personalised illustration.
- The secret call centre codes to bypass queues
- Get paid £100 to switch banks!
- How much does Heston's perfect cuppa cost?
- How to deal with difficult colleagues
- The famous faces of bankruptcy
- Where are the UK's richest small towns?
- 10 tips for interest-only borrowers
- Why retirement could be bad for your health
- Older drivers forced to re-take tests?
What you’re reading