More than 9,000 victims of the Equitable Life scandal are to receive a £5,000 compensation payment by early next week, the Government confirmed. Read more
A surprise job resignation from RBS finance boss Nathan Bostock. Meanwhile Original Source Maker PZ Cussons reports solid numbers. Read more
Discount chain 99p Stores plans to ramp up expansion with another 70 shops over the next two years in a move set to create more than 2,000 retail jobs. Read more
Some energy companies have been accused of "getting away with green murder" for failing to pass on savings from a Government shake-up of levies. Read more
Pensioners once again escaped austerity measures in the Autumn Statement but young people can only shoulder so much cost Read more
Facebook users are being warned to steer clear of messages purporting to offer £500 vouchers for Asda Read more
- £5,000 equitable payout next week
- Updates from RBS and Stagecoach
- 99p stores plans 70-shop expansion
- Energy firms accused over levies
- Increase the state pension age to 70 now
- Asda vouchers scam warning on Facebook
- Chinese buyers oust Duke of Westminster
- Tax relief for second home owners and buy-to-let landlords halved
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
- The world is running out of wine
- The best place to live in the UK?
- The budget Christmas pudding that beat luxury rivals
- Ozzy Osbourne's son declares bankruptcy
- Man avoids postage fees by creating fake stamps
- Which pop star admitted to shopping at Poundland?
- Which rock star called this house home?
- The best Eurostar destination
- What £150,000 buys you in Kensington
What you’re reading