One French cafe charges rude customers more for their coffee - and it's not the only cafe with an unusual charging policy Read more
MPs deserve a "one-off uplift" in their salaries, the head of the watchdog responsible for their pay and perks has insisted Read more
Inspectors have uncovered a catalogue of failings at some GP practices, with rooms so dirty they had maggots Read more
Terminally ill cancer patients are facing "severe" delays in receiving benefit payments, with dozens of people dying before ever receiving payments Read more
Detectives investigating the theft of £1 million from two banks by a suspected international crime ring have arrested four people and seized £80,000 and a live grenade. Read more
The UK downturn is finally expected to be left behind next year as the size of the economy surpasses its pre-recession peak, according to a new forecast upgrading prospects for growth. Read more
- French cafe charges rude customers more
- MPs deserve 'one-off uplift' in pay
- Households spending more on fuel
- Inspectors find maggots in surgery
- Terminally ill 'face benefit delay'
- Four held in £1m bank thefts probe
- Economy to pass pre-recession peak
- Updates from SuperGroup and Sports Direct
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
- The world is running out of wine
- The best place to live in the UK?
- The budget Christmas pudding that beat luxury rivals
- Ozzy Osbourne's son declares bankruptcy
- Man avoids postage fees by creating fake stamps
- Which pop star admitted to shopping at Poundland?
- Which rock star called this house home?
- The best Eurostar destination
- What £150,000 buys you in Kensington
What you’re reading