'A snail ate my tax disc' and other bizarre excuses drivers have come up with for failing to pay their car tax Read more
Freephone numbers are to become free from mobiles under a major overhaul to make telephone call charges and dialling codes clearer Read more
Blockbuster is to shut down all its remaining stores within days after administrators were unable to find a buyer for the rental and DVD chain Read more
The gender pay gap has widened for the first time in five years, reversing a period of "steady progress" Read more
It's claimed UK supermarkets are driving independent fuel stations to the wall through damaging grocery + fuel promotions. Could these supermarket loss-leading offers be banished? Read more
Close to 100,000 Lloyds Banking Group customers could be in line for compensation Read more
- Incorrigible rogues can sleep safely at night
- Driver escapes fine after snail eats tax disc
- Freephone calls extended to mobiles
- All Blockbusters stores to close
- Gender pay gap widens
- Supermarkets to end fuel discounting?
- 100,000 new claims for Lloyds?
- Anyone aged 47 or under will retire later
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
- The world is running out of wine
- The best place to live in the UK?
- The budget Christmas pudding that beat luxury rivals
- Ozzy Osbourne's son declares bankruptcy
- Man avoids postage fees by creating fake stamps
- Which pop star admitted to shopping at Poundland?
- Which rock star called this house home?
- The best Eurostar destination
- What £150,000 buys you in Kensington
What you’re reading