A burglar who stole live chickens and a cage of canaries during a drink-fuelled crime spree has been jailed for two years. Read more
Charity Christmas cards are popular, but many shops actually give very little of the proceeds to the good causes they purport to support Read more
Neighbour from Hell leaves a trail of devastation - and these sorts of stories are alarmingly common Read more
Dodgy Christmas decorations, kitchen nightmares, accidents on the road; Christmas is time filled with potential dangers. Read more
Chelsea star spotted in Poundworld - and he's not the only celebrity with an eye for a bargain Read more
The festive favourites banned by the airlines. Why can't you fly with brandy butter, and what's so scary about a cracker? Read more
- Chicken thief caught by iPhone app
- The Fixer: Current account conundrum
- Married couples allowance: Osborne is helping the wrong people
- The biggest charity Christmas card Scrooge
- Evicted tenant leaves £5,000 of damage
- The hidden dangers of Christmas
- Footballer spotted in Poundworld
- 24-carat gold nail polish for how much?
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
- The world is running out of wine
- The best place to live in the UK?
- The budget Christmas pudding that beat luxury rivals
- Ozzy Osbourne's son declares bankruptcy
- Man avoids postage fees by creating fake stamps
- Which pop star admitted to shopping at Poundland?
- Which rock star called this house home?
- The best Eurostar destination
- What £150,000 buys you in Kensington
What you’re reading