Carpetright underlying profits take a beating, down 24%. Meanwhile TUI Travel claims strong profit growth to almost £590m. Read more
One Job seeker filled out a JobCentre form with jokes to see if anyone was reading what she wrote: no-one noticed Read more
What can you do if presents you bought online never show up? What if they arrive too late? What are your rights? Read more
Here are four things that could make for a costly and unhappy Christmas to watch out for Read more
The woman the Queen once described as "too grand for us" has said that she too has been hit by the economic downturn Read more
Morrisons has cut back on store window cleaning to save cash at the darkest time of the year. Sensible money saving tactic or just plain mean? Read more
- Updates from Carpetright and Whitbread
- JobCentre forms filled with jokes
- Your rights when presents never arrive
- Why this property 'investment' was wound up by the High Court
- Avoid these nightmares before Christmas
- Princess Michael of Kent hit by austerity
- Morrisons cancels window cleaning
- Homeowners told home will be demolished
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
- The world is running out of wine
- The best place to live in the UK?
- The budget Christmas pudding that beat luxury rivals
- Ozzy Osbourne's son declares bankruptcy
- Man avoids postage fees by creating fake stamps
- Which pop star admitted to shopping at Poundland?
- Which rock star called this house home?
- The best Eurostar destination
- What £150,000 buys you in Kensington
What you’re reading