The 10 best sites for savings
Without wanting to put a downer on your festive cheer, the tough times aren't over yet. We can expect sky-high living costs and super-squeezed family budgets for some time yet - so it's best to be prepared.
With that in mind, we've got the 10 best money-saving websites you'll want to know about so that you can save some serious cash in 2012.
1. Best for cashback - Quidco.comJoin Quidco for free, do your online shopping through their portal and they'll pay you cashback straight into your bank account. They have various different cashback deals through hundreds of retailers and loads of special offers too - it's a no-brainer really.
2. Best for food shopping - MySupermarket.comCompare your usual weekly shop with MySupermarket to make sure you're getting the best deal. They compare prices at Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Waitrose and Ocado so you can make sure you're getting the most bang for your buck.
Shop at your chosen supermarket, then if you find one of the others is cheaper simply switch your online basket over to them and pay as normal - genius.
3. Best for beauty bargains - FeelUnique.co.ukAll the ladies will know that even on a tight budget compromising on skincare, make-up and other beauty essentials is hard to do, but with FeelUnique you don't have to.
They stock a huge range of all your favourite products from well-known brands like Clinique, Clarins and loads more, all at reduced prices. All the prices easily beat what you'd pay on the high street, and delivery is free.
4. Best for holiday bargains - VoyagePrive.comHolidays are traditionally the last thing we're prepared to give up, no matter how tough times get - so VoyagePrive is well worth a look when you're planning a getaway. Sign up for free and you'll have access to limited time deals on package holidays, hotel breaks, ski holidays and more at destinations all over the world.
The breaks they offer are all top quality (four and five star) but are at incredibly reasonable prices. Of course each offer is only around for a short time, so you have to be super-organised - but it's worth it.
5. Best for fine dining - Toptable.comIt's nice to treat yourself to a lovely meal every so often and even with squeezed budgets, fine dining is affordable with Toptable. They have offers at thousands of restaurants all over the country, often getting you as much as 50 percent off your bill.
What's more, all you have to do is spend a few minutes reviewing your meal afterwards and you'll earn Toptable points towards a free meal!