Supermarket Asda is to cut its fuel prices by up to 2p a litre, it has been announced.
Drivers filling up at Asda forecourts will pay no more than 134.7p a litre for petrol and no more than 139.7p a litre for diesel from Thursday.
Supermarket Sweep - Tips & Advice
It is the first time since late February that Asda diesel has fallen below the 140p-a-litre mark.
Andy Peake, Asda's director of petrol trading, said: "We're chuffed to be offering a third price move in as many weeks to hard-pressed motorists running on empty."
- SUV: BMW X3 2.0d SE
Three year cost - £20,256</p>
- Convertible: Mini One Convertible 1.6
Three year cost - £13,409</p>
- MPV: Renault Grand Scenic
Three year cost - £15,857</p>
- Supermini: Ford Fiesta 1.25i Edge
Three year cost - £11,125</p>
- Family car: VW Passat 1.6 TDI 105 S
Three year cost - £15,962</p>
- Executive car BMW 5 Series 520d SE
Three year cost - £21,268</p>
- City car: Hyundai 110 1.2 Classic
Three year cost - £8,126</p>
- Small family car: Skoda Octavia 1.4s
Three year cost - £13,428</p>
- Coupe: VW Scirocco 1.4 TSI 122
Three year cost - £15,763</p>
- Estate car: VW Golf 1.6 TDI 90S
Three year cost - £14,228</p>