Residents who report dog-owners who fail to clean up after their pets are to be given the proceeds from £75 fines handed out by council wardens. Read more
Meanwhile, Marks and Spencer wins silver and gold for more than 40 wines. Read more
What does the Autumn Statement mean for families, and will they be any better off? Read more
George Osborne claims the UK will be back in the black by 2019. He's capped business rates at 2% and there's new incentives for entrepreneurs. Are the changes enough? Read more
The Autumn Statement was bad news for those with over 20 years to retirement, but better news for those in their 60s Read more
What did George Osborne have to offer you in his Autumn Statement? And what new pain did he have in store? Read more
- Rewards for dog mess whistleblowers
- Are families richer after Autumn Statement?
- Osborne caps business rates at 2%
- What is the real impact on pensions?
- What the Autumn Statement means for you
- Autumn Statement 2013: The main points at a glance
- Chancellor gives UK motorists fuel duty break
- Hard work paying off, says Osborne
The above payments are for illustration purposes only. You need to consider any insurance payments that also need to be made. Please note that any changes to your mortgage, for example, as a result of changes to the Bank of England base rate (variable rates only) or any overpayments you make, may affect your monthly payments. * For interest only mortgages you need to add on the cost of repaying the capital with a repayment vehicle such as an ISA or endowment policy. Loan to value (LTV) restrictions apply.
Equity Release Calculator
Are you a homeowner over 60? Equity release could help unlock the door to a more comfortable retirement. Complete your details to find out if you qualify and how much you could release:
Equity release may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
- The world is running out of wine
- The best place to live in the UK?
- The budget Christmas pudding that beat luxury rivals
- Ozzy Osbourne's son declares bankruptcy
- Man avoids postage fees by creating fake stamps
- Which pop star admitted to shopping at Poundland?
- Which rock star called this house home?
- The best Eurostar destination
- What £150,000 buys you in Kensington
Dec 04, 2013
The government is moving the income tax deckchairs on the Titanic of rising house prices.Read more >
Dec 03, 2013
Co-op bondholders have voted in favour of its rescue plan but the scrutiny is not over yet for the bank.Read more >
Dec 03, 2013
Delivering more but without any tax increases or spending cuts - is Alex Salmond a magician?Read more >
Nov 25, 2013
Younger people are facing a bleak present and even bleaker future supporting an ageing population.Read more >
Nov 12, 2013
We need to spend money now to make sure our old age population is as healthy as they can be in the future.Read more >
Oct 10, 2013
Annuities aren't the best solution for retirement anymore.Read more >
What you’re reading